Facing the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error standard? There is nothing new about it. The reason for the error is malfunctioning in Network Interface Card resulting in the prevention of the users to connect with the internet. Since the IP address is a significant body, it contains the local area of the user and where the internet was accessed.
But if the IP address is not generated, then the internet will not connect with the computer. In that situation how would you, as a user, surf the web? Undeniably a hard task for you to access the internet, but you don’t have to fret anymore. All you need to do is, follow the guide and solve the Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration error.
Here’s how to Solve Ethernet Doesn’t have a Valid IP Configuration
Update Ethernet Cable
If any updates are missing and software is outdated, then the programs relating to the software are likely to disturb the experience while they are running. To prevent the software to show problems and issues, keep updating the software time to time.
- Open Control Panel and go to Device Manager.
- Click to expand the Network adapters.
- Now, the list of installed drivers in your system will display.
- Now right click on the Ethernet cable driver and select Update
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Your system will automatically search the updates and download it.
Disable the Network Adapter and use Command Prompt
- Open Control Panel.
- Now, go to Network and sharing
- Now click Change adapter settings from the left pane of the window.
- Right click on the connected network.
- Now, click Disable from the drop-down list.
- Press Windows key + S key combination and open Windows Search.
- Type cmd in the search and press Enter.
- Open Command Prompt and type the following commands
- IPconfig /release
- IPconfig /flushdns
- IPconfig /renew
- Restart your computer and check if the command has solved the problem.
Try Enabling DHCP
DHCP is a component which assigns the IP address to a computer. Hence the problem of Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration can be occurring due to deactivated DHCP. To resolve the issue try enabling the DHCP.
- Go to the network icon at the bottom right corner.
- Right click on it and select Troubleshoot
- Now a troubleshoot window will open.
- Select the network troubleshooter and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Now Follow the instructions.
- Check if the problem persists.
Try Retorting DHCP service
- Press Windows + R and type msc.
- Hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Now Services window will open.
- Navigate to DHCP Client and double click on it.
- In its Startup Value, select Automatic.
- Save the settings by clicking Apply and Ok.
- Now right click on DHCP Client and select Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click Yes to confirm.
Try Changing Network Adapter Settings
- Press Windows key + R and type cpl in the run program.
- Now, right click on the connected network.
- Select the Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Check Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Click to Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Now click Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click Ok and restart or reconnect your router or cable.
Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error will keep obstructing you from accessing the internet. But the methods are sufficient to eliminate the problem while trying to access the internet service.
Jack Tucker is a security expert and he writes about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and is working at norton.com/setup
Source : https://my-norton.net/how-to-solve-ethernet-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration/