Many of the uses use their laptop camera for an online business meeting or live streaming or maybe just call their friends or family, and if that camera stops working, users may get much of trouble.
If the rear/front facing Camera of your Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book is not working and it is even not visible in Device Manager, then you can fix this problem. Many users are reporting this issue with their surface books. But the good news is it can be set easily just by following some of the simple steps given below.
Update the Camera App from Microsoft Store
An update to the Camera app is likely to restore and fix the issue. To do so:
Go to the Camera app by following the link, or you can just search for Windows Camera in the Microsoft Store. After that, you need to check if there is an update. If you find so, tap and update it right away, and see if the problem was solved for you.
Update Camera Drivers
All of the hardware needs a driver so they can work as they should. It is likely that you need to roll back to the previous/older driver where it was running for you, or you may update to the latest version. First I recommend trying to roll back, and then try updating if that doesn’t work.
- Launch the Device Manager by pressing WIN+X+M shortcut keys simultaneously.
- Tap on the arrow next to ‘Imaging devices.’
- Then you have to right-click on Microsoft Camera Front or Microsoft Camera Rear.
- Tap on the Properties option, and check if you have got an option to Rollback. If you found that option, then you need to roll back and see if the camera works for you or not.
- If you don’t find that option, you then need to tap on the Update Driver Software option. Doing so will launch the Windows Update to start seeing new drivers for your Windows Camera.
Note: You will also get an option to Search automatically for updated driver software. And this might require you to restart your Windows 10 computer. You then need to check camera software if works for you or not.
Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
If the problem remains, you should then run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter. To do so:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Tap on Troubleshoot.
- Then go to Hardware and Devices.
- Now tap on Run the troubleshooter.
Disable/Enable Camera from UEFI
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is an upgraded and developed version of BIOS (basic input/output system) which mainly works on the hardware level. It works to allow users to enable and disable the hardware.
- Boot into UEFI, and then you will be able to disable the camera.
- Boot into Windows 10 again. And restart your computer.
- And you have to boot into UEFI again, and then enable it.
Doing so will force Windows 10 for detecting for new hardware, and reinstall drivers as well.
Source : https://my-norton.net/surface-book-pro-camera-not-working-heres-how-to-fix-it/