Norton Protection Center is manufactured and sold by Symantec. It is a robust suite which protects devices against malware and other cyber threats. However, sometimes, this program might conflict with other programs. Users may not be able to install a new program because of the Norton Protection Center. You can disable Norton Protection Center by using different ways. Here is how you can disable Norton Protection Center on your device:
- Go to Start and click on All Programs.
- Launch the Norton Security app.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Computer Scans.
- Turn the Automatic Scan settings off.
- Norton AntiVirus 2009 will get disabled now.
- Click on OK and the settings will get saved.
Disable Norton AntiVirus 2007 in Windows
- Locate the Norton AntiVirus icon in the taskbar.
- Right-click on it.
- From the list, select Norton Protection Center.
- In the ensuing list, click on Norton AntiVirus.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Virus and Spyware Protection Options.
- After that, go to Miscellaneous.
- Uncheck the box present next to Turn On Scanning.
- Finally, disable the Norton Protection Center.
Disable Norton AntiVirus 2006 in Windows
- Go to the taskbar and right-click on the Norton icon.
- Click on Norton Antivirus Options.
- Now, from the list of options, select Miscellaneous.
- After that, uncheck the box located beside Turn Norton Plug-In.
- The Norton program will get disabled.
Disable Norton AntiVirus Versions 2002 to 2004 in Windows
- Firstly, you need to launch the Norton antivirus program.
- Access the Norton settings.
- Go to Options.
- Click on Miscellaneous.
- Go to the box located next to Enable Norton Plug-in. If it is checked then uncheck it.
- Now, select the OK option.
- Reboot the system.
Here is how you can remove Norton AntiVirus on your Mac by using Symantec Uninstaller:
- Go to the Applications folder by going to the dock.
- Now, go to the Norton software folder and open it.
- Double-click on the Norton Uninstaller file.
- Check the box located on the right-hand side of Norton antivirus which you have to remove.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- Enter the admin account password for your Mac for the purpose of authentication.
- Click on Ok in the Authentication prompt.
- The next prompt will show a list of all the removed stuff.
- Close that window.
- Restart your Mac device.
- Source: https://bit.ly/2OOBdxk